Saturday, December 23, 2006

Crazy quilting, hearts for sharing swap

I have been a stitching fool the last few days, I learned the bullion stitch; made my first 2 hearts in embellished crazy quilting that is beaded and has SRE (silk ribbon embroidery) flowers, did my first bead and button trails, love them!!! My hearts are for a swap hosted by Linda in Texas, Mom of Erin, my young stitching friend. We make and send out 1 heart per month, I have Jan. for Peggy in FL done and Feb. for Wilma in Holland done. Then in October I will receive 11 hearts made by the lovely ladies in my group of the swap. The hearts are quick, easy, adorable and addictive. Thanks Linda! Bill took me to the Rag Shop last night, I got a selection of #5 DMC perle cottons for the Take a Stitch Tuesday challenge, interfacing and beads for my hearts. Yesterday right before we left for dinner at Carrabas, the postman brought an urgent delivery package from Mary in New Orleans, Judyth and Lesa in Kansas, and Gerry in Texas called Project Marianne. Since I was ill and off the list these lovely friends from CQforNewbies@yahoo.com got together and created very touching notes, and gifts a plenty for me. There were CQ fabrics, fibers, laces, ribbons and embellishments, swan! siggies(vintage photos on silk), a CQ block in jewel toned satins, scrapbooking papers and embellishments, swan! figurines and sewing pattern, and lavender relaxation spray, mmm! What a wonderful outpouring of friendship, I am truly blessed to have these ladies in my life. They make such a difference. I was just so moved by this gesture. Oh stop me now, "I'm so fklempted". Talk amongst yourselves!"

9 comments:

Gerry said...

Looking forward to having you with us, again!

Wilma said...

I am looking forward to swap hearts with you, boy, you are fast in sewing mine already!

Thelma said...

You are off to a great start. Can't wait to see your hearts you have completed.

Candi said...

You've really been busy! Can't wait to see your hearts:) Thank you for the lovely comments on my work.
HUGZ:)
Candi

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Hey, Marianne. Great looking blog - you're getting busy, aren't you? Ready for show and tell?

TeresaB said...

Glad to have you with us! Your blog is great! I'm looking forward to seeing your work.

Elizabeth said...

Marianne,
I love your blog. I am a fur mommy too. I will post a picture of Miss Candi on my blog.
Hugs,
Elziabeth

Maddie Can Fly said...

Marianne, what can I say? We love ya and you deserve all the goodies!

Marianne S-M said...

Wow it is May 7, 2007 and i just now read all these lovely comments. Thank you ladies so very much. Love ya all, Marianne